Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A short reprieve

We were supposed to go get my mom from the airport a bit before noon today, but she called and said she will be on a later flight and will come in a bit before 6. I didn't ask why it had changed, because she called before 7 am. So anyway, we have a few more hours to get the floor swept and the kitchen mopped.

I can also take the boys to their swimming lesson, which we were going to have to skip.

But it means we won't go to karate tonight *or* tomorrow (as I'll be working tomorrow), so will definitely have to go on Friday for a makeup, which makes me cringe because it'll be Hawaiian Buddy Day and only part of it will be actual class time. Ah well. The rest of the time will be training with my brand new six-foot staff, which I got last week in class and which doesn't really fit into my car very well.

Speaking of which, I went to my first intermediate class last night and this cycle we're doing what they're calling "pressure point fighting." In other words, learning a sequence of hits aimed at pressure points to slow your opponent down without shedding blood or breaking anything. It definitely hurts, though, if the ouchiness of B___ barely bumping my radial nerve, definitely not full force, is anything to go by.

No comments: