Thursday, March 29, 2007

kai-yeeee

Had my first trial karate class last night. I'm not as sore as I was afraid I would be, but I feel drained and sluggish today. It was pretty cool and I think I can get the hang of at least some of it. One of the first things we did after warm up was a longish, though simple sequence. I kept getting halfway through and then flailing my legs around a bit, trying to get the rest. The parts where we were escaping someone who grabbed us I could get into better (back punch, belly punch, side of hand to the neck).

DS2 had a trial class yesterday and LOVED it. I still haven't talked DS1 into it, though he was fascinated both times he has been there to watch. He warms up to things more slowly, so if DS2 and I stick to it, I think he'll do it. He'd be in the slightly older class, though still with beginners (white and gold). I have to say that DS2 is absolutely precious in his uniform - I need to take a picture. I made him take it off before supper because it's white and then before I knew it, he was putting it back on and he wore it until bedtime. I washed it (and mine) today because it still smelled of new fabric and was stiff.

He's out in the backyard playing with his bestest buddy, wearing his brand new white belt. I guess I can wash it again if it gets all muddy.

I am going to finish this flippin quilt top today if it's the last thing I do! OK, maybe not that drastic. But here I go! Ah rats, it's 2 and we have to get DS1 from school at 3. We spent all morning over at a friend's house as she had a coffee meetup for the babysitting coop, and then had lunch and it's pretty much the whole day now!

No comments: