Thursday, February 8, 2007

Quilt pattern


Well, here's my pattern for the blue and white quilt. Not sure about the borders yet, as I don't often do much of a border, though I have some nice flower and stripe border fabric.

Yes, I did it freehand on a 3" post-it note.

No, I didn't label much of it, so if I don't do it soon, I'll forget what everything is.

I need a bit more of the small plates fabric and some white. I might need others, but I'm just guessing, based on my plan.

Each small square is 6". The small-square part is 60x60 and I haven't decided yet if it's going to be 72x72 finished size or a bigger square or a rectangle. In a way, I'd like it to be at least full size, maybe more like queen. But unless I add more rows of squares, I'll have to stay close to where it is right now, I think. Well, 72 x 84 would work on a twin bed and that's only 6" more on both the top and bottom. The one I made for ds2's twin bed last year is 74x90 and it's HUGE.

Right. Now to fix at least one of my machines so I can work on it...

No comments: