Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Goodness gracious!

I just spent 1/2 an hour trying to log in to blogger, getting more and more frustrated. Turns out it has to be linked to a gmail account, though I did 4 posts without creating a gmail account. Huh? Anyway...

I think I have found the right quilt pattern for my blue and white fabrics! It involves squares, large triangles and 4-patch blocks. If I do it right, the effect will be of broad stripes fading into each other. Or else just nice colors in a hodge-podge of a mess. Next task is to decide how big this should be and how big I want to make my squares (very) and if I need more fabric (probably). I want to make a full-size bed quilt, but it's the living room that needs a throw and I'm not doing full size for it to end up on the ground 99% of the time. Maybe I'll do a twin size and keep it on the couch in the front/sewing room so if someday we get a new couch in there, it will look respectable. Well, the blue and white goes better with the living room, too. I have 16 tons of Asian fabrics that will go better with the curtains in the front room. Ooooh I'm paralyzed.

My kids have not stopped shrieking at each other since we got home after school, snack, and a trip to the library. We're going to get some fast food with friends tonight at a BK with a play area. Go kids, run!

DS1 (1st grader) has been spacing out in school again. This morning in their 2 hours of work time, he wrote his name once and two half sentences. He then lied to the assistant teacher and denied that the main teacher had said he had to stay in from recess to finish stuff. He then missed out on something about a frog this afternoon so he could do his work. Maybe he needs to be stimulated physically to get his brain moving, too? I've just requested the Out of Sync Child from the library again. I should have him fully assessed, I assume.

OK, more screaming and fussing. It's almost time for our exciting fine dining experience.

Oh, I almost forgot. My work in progress is about 48 pages, plus a couple I wrote yesterday but which haven't been integrated into the rest. I haven't figured out how they're getting to the turning points and the conclusion. I had an idea for another story from a dream, but don't know if that will ever be more than the prologue ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I look forward to reading it.

Not sure what to say about DS1 -- is he finding school easy or hard? By that I mean, is he learning the stuff he needs to learn as a first grader or is he bored because he already knows it or is he frustrated because he doesn't get it?

Talk to the teacher about which of these you think is going on. In first grade, Ruthie was bored in math and it showed up as unwillingness to perform -- particularly if they had long pages of practice problems. But, then again, I work with kids who struggle in math who show the same behaviors. Try having him do some of the math at home in a low key situation and see what happens (or writing or whatever it is he's blocking!)