Wednesday, October 14, 2009

storm saga

Doesn't that sound dramatic?

In reality, i went shopping for a bit yesterday morning - in and out of the car and stores, getting totally blasted by rain and wind to try to find some boots for the toddler. I should have gone straight to target, but didn't want to drive that far.

Then we went to get the boys from school and got totally soaked (me all over except where I had her in the sling, her only the end of her legs where she wasn't protected by the sling and the poncho.

Then out and in for the library, out and in for the copy shop, out and in for karate - back out to wander for a very short time to keep her busy during karate and back into karate and out and into the car.

Then we pulled up out front of the house and the garage door didn't open. The electricity was off.

And guess what? Dumbhead me had been thinking for MONTHS that I should put the side door key back on my key ring, but had I? Oh no. So we went to Round Table for dinner - and it was buffet night and the boys ate some salad. *faint from surprise*

And back home again and the electricity was back on. otherwise, we would have driven for about 45 minutes round trip to get DH's keys from him at his work.

Oh, and we had to go look at our old live Xmas tree that was growing so nicely out front, but which apparently hadn't put down enough roots and so is flopped over sideways and we're going to have to take it out. sad.

And by this time I was soaked to the skin about 5 times. I was almost over that cold, too. Oh well.

So we came in and rebooted DH's server and I turned my crock pot back on to finish cooking the lentils that I wasn't going to have for dinner and went around fixing the clocks (elec was out for just over 2 hours).

From there, it was just a matter of getting DS2 to finish his math homework (no spelling this week because today is the last day due to teacher work days) and general goofing off and normal evening stuff.

Oh, and today I went all the way to Target and got to choose between Hello Kitty and Optimus Prime (transformers) for DD's boots. I sighed and went with the cat. I also got her some cheap tennis shoes. poor love has only worn soft leather shoes so far and wouldn't even take a step in her new boots because they were weird and heavy. She was stumbling around in the shoes, but at least she could walk.

I got some cheap shirts from the baby and boys' clearance racks at Target, too. Nothing is DS2's size, but we can now hand down some shirts that were getting too small for DS1, I guess.

No comments: