Thursday, October 15, 2009

gloomy topics on a sunny day

cf. my last post about infant loss awareness day. My online friend Jeanette had a baby that they had every reason to believe was fine and healthy and yet the baby died within a couple of hours.

Another online friend, Jen, lost her nephew who was not quite three (not technically an infant, but at least as difficult)

I had a miscarriage about 3 years ago and it made me depressed for a long time. I was coming out of it when I got pregnant even though we were trying to avoid it and now I have my lovely, happy girl. Mostly happy. Hitting the twos a bit early and likes to climb things. But oh she's gorgeous :)

And then there are the goodbyes to older friends, too. Since it's breast cancer awareness month, there's a display at my gym and i keep tearing up while trying to work out, thinking about my mom's friend, Judy, who passed away a few months ago from pancreatic cancer after battling breast cancer for 30+ years.

And now sad news from England, where another online friend, Amanda and her family are watching her mother who has been fighting off pancreatic cancer as well, quite suddenly and massively fail. She is going very quickly now.

So rough day for thoughts.

Kids home from school for teacher in-service days, so I'm trying to not get gloomy. We'll be out running around to karate and soccer in a bit, which will at least be a distraction.

No comments: