Saturday, October 17, 2009

pondering shipping

I placed an order with Barnes and Noble and am waiting for my books.

So I went and checked and they said they turned it over to DHL in Reno on Oct 10th. So I check the link for shipping and they carried my books from 123 miles away from me to the East to 123 miles away to the South (according to google maps) and then handed them over to US Mail for delivery. They probably drove by 4 miles from my house on US 80. Maybe they flew over?

Now HOW does that save money? B&N has a good deal with DHL that beats USPS prices, but then DHL has a good deal with USPS that beats the price that B&N can get?

Very confused (and waiting for my books which would have likely been here already if they'd just dropped them in the mail in Reno a week ago)

UPDATE: they arrived not long after I posted this. yay for the mail-delivery-person!

No comments: