Tuesday, May 6, 2008

That quilt I am working on

Click on the pictures to see them really big.


The whole quilt top - well, all except the last part of the border on the closest side. I had to go buy 10 more inches of that fabric to finish it. DS2 about to tunnel under it.



Close up of part of the center section: a couple of the I Spy blocks, and do you see now what I mean about peacock/lava lamp fabric? It's even better in person.


Straight-on shot of the center focal part. With DS2 counting how many small squares it would be across. He then figured out how many small squares there would be in the center section, if it were all small squares; that's actually the math problem he was working out on the white board in my last post.

I got backing fabric the other day - some dark navy/indigo 100% cotton sportswear fabric that matches the small dark squares - and a king-size bag of 80% cotton batting. The quilt top is just a bit too big to be queen-size. I am hoping I'll have enough of the sportswear fabric left to do the binding, too. I've been putting off laying it all out as a sandwich and pinning it for a couple of days and then have the task of quilting it, which should be ... fun. I'll just stitch in the ditch, but that's still a LOT of quilt to be shoving through the machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is wonderful. I love the I Spy stuff.