Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sending good thoughts

To someone I have never met. A woman I know from a bulletin board that I have visited off and on for 5 or so years is going through an awful lot lately. She and her husband are divorcing but were going to stay together long enough to complete the adoption of a girl from Haiti, her husband is - how should I say this? - not a very good father to their son (also adopted) which has caused and/or exacerbated behavior problems, then the adoption was dragging along so long that their home study expired and it would have cost them thousands of dollars that they didn't have to do a new one, so they had to abandon it and leave the girl in the orphanage waiting for a new family to come along.

And this is a caring, giving woman. Kind hearted, I'd even say. Vegan because she doesn't want to cause harm to animals, adopting internationally from one of the poorest countries in our hemisphere, a houseful of adopted cats, etc etc

No comments: