Monday, May 12, 2008

Isabelle update

Not new pictures, just general stuff.

She's 2 1/2 months old now and so very alert. She holds her head up extremely well and has reached the stage where she doesn't want it to be supported by the sling because she wants to see, but her head wobbles with every step, so I have to hold on to her. She was staring at people in the grocery store today with that wide-eyed "woah" expression (as DS2 calls it).

OK, one more knock on wood because I still can't quite believe it and superstitiously think that if I say it, it will jinx it, but she sleeps through the night. Like last night she went to sleep at 8:30 or so and woke up at 12:30 and then slept until almost 7. She had a shortish nap this morning before we went grocery shopping and is having a long one now. Sometimes she'll nap for 3 or 4 hours straight. And you will never be able to tell me that it's something that I am doing, because my two boys did not sleep through the night regularly until they were about a year old.

She's 100% ON when awake and then OFF when asleep. Or rather, she's fairly self-soothing and doesn't need to nurse every single time she wakes up halfway.

So now I have to hold my breath and hope that she doesn't decide to never sleep through the night again.

TMI Alert: The downside? I've had some spotting. No actual period yet. With the boys nursing at all times of day and night, I went 16-18 months before my cycles returned. /TMI>

No idea how much she weighs. I'm taking her for her first ever doctor visit this week. Still considering immunizations (that are supposed to start at 8 weeks in this country, I think?), but might delay those for a while still. So she'll be poked and prodded and weighed and all that.

In good news, even though I am still very overweight, I actually fit into some of my larger trousers! Serious muffin-top, but they pulled up and zipped. I need to dig out my shorts and other summery stuff because my maternity wear is all for cooler weather and it's heating up around here.

Oh, and I planted some stuff in my garden yesterday - it was a very good nap day so I got everything done that I wanted to. A friend had some extra plants after she finished hers, so I put in a cherry tomato, 2 patio tomatoes, and a bunch of onions, and then put some sage and flowers into big pots. I still haven't figured out what to do with the chives, because I only did one section of my raised beds and ran out of room. I might move the patio tomato plants to pots and put other viney tomato plants in the bed, but I'll have to decide that pretty soon before the plants get too well-adjusted to their new home.

Before the actual planting, I spent about an hour digging through my compost bins and putting tons of grass from it and from DH's lawn mowing of last weekend into the green waste container and putting the good compost on the garden. I haven't been good about caring for my compost in the last year or two, but still had a good inch+ of compost to dig into the one bed. I then had a massive headache from pollen and probably from the mold spores in the compost. But other than watering and weeding, we should be getting tomatoes in a month or two :)

No comments: