Tuesday, November 16, 2010

NaNoWriMo - 50K and counting!

Two days ago, I wrote my 50,000th word toward a new novel. It was only the 14th, but I was really flying, with my characters thought about and my outline done.

So, big celebration! Woohooooooo!

I think I'm 3/4ths of the way through and since I hit 50K, I've been... well.... not writing.

OK, so I spent some time with the toddler today when I would usually have been trying to concentrate. I picked up the dang toys from all over the room that I'm working in (we have a LOT of toys). I read and commented on some chapters for my critique partner and have started revising a draft that she commented on for me (and realized that I managed to give her an older version - which I can't even find in my computer now, so where did THAT come from???)

I also have to get on DS1's case more, because he's way, way behind in the home practice for his karate black belt. Way. Way. Way.

And then, my characters have to spend another week in a carriage and go to the Paris region, where they have to find out if Helene's family are the ones who are trying to kill her. (SPOILER: They're not, really, but they're the key. And it wouldn't really bother them if she croaked)

No comments: