Tuesday, May 11, 2010

whining

That's ME who's whining.

The little handle of my Brita UltraMax water filter pitcher broke. Just the teeny-tiny little knob that holds the handle onto the nozzle part, so while it's not catastrophic (especially because we've had the pitcher for ages and only paid a couple bucks for it at a garage sale in the first place), it's now unusable. I emailed Brita to see if I can get a new little handle. If not, I'll have to decide if we're getting a new one or relying on the fridge's water dispenser, which is slooooowwwwww.

I have a weird rash on my belly. I thought it was mosquito bites when the little dots first appeared two weeks ago, but they spread and raised up and itch like a... itch. I finally started using topical steroids left over from about 5 years ago when I had a really enormous rash. I hate using weird stuff like that, but it was out of control. I thought I threw the ointment away a long time ago and now feel bad because DS2 is allergic to something out in the yard, too and has suffered a couple of rashes and the benedryl ointment stuff didn't help much. Not that i wanted to use steroids on him unless absolutely necessary, but, well, poor guy.

And though I have been fake-gloating on facebook that I gave my cold to all of my kids as revenge for all the colds they've given me, it means that DD had a couple of bad nights. Last night, she had a hard time getting to sleep because she was coughing, but she then slept for a long, long time, so we were nice and rested this morning.

And I needed to be rested, because DS2 didn't want to go to bed last night and so was tired and cranky and difficult this morning - didn't want to get dressed, didn't want to eat breakfast, didn't want to tell me if he wanted hot lunch (grilled cheese) or a packed lunch, so he got a packed lunch because it's slightly cheaper and because I'd had enough by then. Oh, and it's standardized testing this week, so we'll see how well he does.

At least it's sunny today, so they will play outside at recess and maybe not be as hyped as they were yesterday.

Oh. and the big thing? (yes you have to read all the way to the bottom to get to the big thing.) I got a letter from the agent who had my partial manuscript and she didn't like it. So poop.

Better get to work on that query letter.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Whine away, its good for the soul.
Ok, maybe not, but it feels good sometimes.

Unknown said...

All of that is quite whine worthy. Hope things pick up . . .