Wednesday, May 5, 2010

whinging about a book this time

Since I like facebook, I tend to spend more time writing short status updates there and not rambling on over here.

The pollen is still hitting me hard, but the cold is easing away. or else it's all one or the other at this point. It's hard to tell.

I speed-read Dan Brown's Lost Symbol. Well, I started it a couple of weeks ago, but when my book group was postponed, I put it down and didn't think to pick it up again until a few days ago. Yeah, it was just exactly that un-put-down-able that I could put it down for two weeks. It's awkward, it's poorly written, and I had a hard time believing important plot points. Like that the CIA was involved in an investigation inside the US. They weren't willing to explain anything enough to get Robert Whatsis on their side and yet were perfectly happy to disturb a crime scene to the point that the CIA chick gave Robert Whatsis the ring from the dead hand because he said he'd give it back to his friend when he found him. Um... right.

So I can actually write a bestseller novel. Or at least I can write a couple of good novels and then coast at least as well as this one....

I liked the DaVinci Code. I know I'm not supposed to admit that, but it was interesting (if long-winded), and kept me involved in the story and suspending disbelief and thinking about it.

Well, I should save some of my words for book group this evening, right?

I need to go make some quesadillas for dinner. No cerveza or margaritas, because I'm going to drive tonight...

No comments: