Sunday, October 31, 2010

NaNo is tomorrow! (part 2)

I've been thinking far too much about my NaNo novel. It might either keep me focused or else make me get really tired of it before I get done. I've always been a "pantser" instead of a "plotter" so we'll see.

The workshop I went to last weekend with Deb Dixon was really good, even though my brain froze at 3 and it went until 5. I do have notes, including ones she handed out, general ones about the topics, and ones about my upcoming NaNo story.

Of course, talking and reading about Goal, Motivation, and Conflict, I was sitting there thinking it was obvious and that I understood my characters, but trying to make a chart of their "GMC" is pretty hard. Like how do I know if something is internal goal or external motivation or wait... what?

So now some pictures out my front window:


Rose bush (where I just saw a mouse)


I noticed a couple of days ago that my red maple was suddenly RED


Yes, we still have leaves and grass. We don't generally lose the rest until late November when it finally frosts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This evening, I'm going to visit the Plot Whisperer site and look at her videos. I had a sudden panic when I realized I don't have names for my characters yet. Doi. I'm not feeling ready but damn it, that's just life. I don't think the goal of NaNoWriMo (for me) is to write a GREAT book but to actually finish a rough draft from beginning to end. Just get it done. Write the words each day and worry about cleaning it up later. Heck, worry about if it's "worthy" later.

I have a problem with finishing a piece longer than a poem so I think this is a good plan . . .